Your feet are the foundation of your entire body. When they aren’t functioning properly, it can cause a ripple effect of pain and problems throughout the rest of your musculoskeletal system. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your feet are healthy and supported.
If you’re experiencing pain in your feet, ankles, knees, hips, or lower back, it could be due to a biomechanical issue. This means that the way you stand or walk is putting unnecessary stress on certain parts of your body. One of the best ways to correct a biomechanical issue is with custom orthotics.
What Are Orthotics?
Orthotics refer to devices that someone wears inside their shoes to support their feet and improve their biomechanics. They are effective in treating a wide variety of issues, including flat feet, high arches, bunions, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis.
Store-Bought vs. Custom Orthotics
There are two main types of orthotics: custom and store-bought. Store-bought orthotics are mass-produced and are designed to fit a wide range of feet. These are a good option if you have a minor issue that doesn’t require a lot of support, but they’re not ideal for more serious problems. The problem with store-bought orthotics is finding the right pair. Unfortunately, most insoles you can buy off the rack are of low quality and won’t give you exactly what you need.
Custom orthotics are made specifically for your feet, based on a mold or scan of your feet. Because they are customized to your feet, they are often more comfortable and effective than store-bought orthotics. By using Go-4D custom-made orthotics, we provide your feet with the most precise measuring and fitting possible!
How Are Go 4-D Orthotics Made?
Finding a pair of orthotics that fit well and provide the support you need can be a challenge. Many of the pharmacy kiosks that claim to make custom orthotics only offer prefabricated devices that may not meet your specific needs. Sure, these orthotics may suffice for a start, but they may not provide you with the long-term relief you’re looking for.
At Kalamazoo Podiatry, we use Go 4-D when making orthotics to make sure that every patient gets a perfectly fitting and optimally performing orthotic. We use top-grade 3D laser scanners and a pressure-sensitive gait plate to ensure that the most precise measurements of your feet are taken.
Once we have the data we need, it’s sent over to the lab where they are designed using sophisticated algorithmic software and constructed by a medical-grade 3D printer. This means your orthotics are made to your exact specifications from scratch, rather than by cutting and manipulating pre-made pieces of solid material. This allows them to fit better, work better, and offer customized features that traditional orthotics simply can’t replicate.
Thanks to this advanced technology, we can adjust the firmness and flexibility of the orthotics to ensure they are comfortable and provide the support you need.
What Are the Major Advantages of Going with Go 4-D Orthotics from Kalamazoo Podiatry?
We’ve already covered some of these above, but we’ll give you a better summary here.
- A perfect fit for your feet. Super-precise digital scanning and pressure plate analysis give us real-time data that goes straight to the 3D printer. This means you get a comfortable, exact fit the first time, rather than a “pretty close” fit that will likely require some additional adjustments after they’re made.
- Truly unique to the way you. Once the lab has the real-time data of your foot scan, sophisticated software algorithmically designs the orthotic to perfectly complement your specific biomechanics. It uses a unique lattice design that allows for subtle variations in thickness, density, and other attributes to meet your needs in a far more personalized way than could ever be achieved with a solid piece of molded plastic or graphite.
- Backed by modern research. Unfortunately, many traditional custom orthotics are still fit and manufactured the same way they were 20-30 years ago. The problem is that our scientific understanding of optimum foot and ankle biomechanics has come a long way since then. It’s not just that these orthotics use new and better methods of construction, but they’re actually based on a new and better understanding of how your feet work best.
- Adaptable to any situation. The same pair of Go 4-D orthotics will be just as effective and comfortable whether you put them in your walking shoes, dress shoes, or athletic shoes. Because they are designed for optimal function at every part of your foot, and can do this while being extremely thin and lightweight, they can handle a long day at work, a night on the town, or an ultramarathon with equal ease.
- Environmentally friendly. Traditional orthotics manufacturing produces a lot of waste, including the original cast or foam box and materials cut from the original template. With our system, there’s no mold and fewer unnecessary manufacturing byproducts. Plus, the orthotics themselves are made from non-toxic, bio-compatible and recyclable printing powder. There’s almost no waste during any part of the process.
- They’re guaranteed. The laboratory where Go 4-D orthotics are manufactured offers a full 90-day satisfaction guarantee. That’s how much they (and we) stand behind these orthotics. If you don’t like them, you get your money back.
Get Your Feet the Support They Need
Custom orthotics are a great way to treat a wide variety of foot and lower body issues. At Kalamazoo Podiatry, we’ll carefully examine and analyze your feet and make sure you get orthotics that will actually work for you. And with our in-office scanning technology, we have the most advanced and effective orthotics system ever devised at our disposal.
Suffice it to say, if you have foot pain related to biomechanical issues that can be addressed with orthotic devices, Kalamazoo Podiatry is the place you want to be.